To grant the ability to change power management settings to limited users, edit the PowerCfg registry key.
This will set their power permissions similar to Power Users and allow limited users to adjust their own Power Options.
- Log in as Administrator
- Click Start then run
- In the run box type regedit
- In the registry editor search or drill down to:
- Right click on the PowerCfg folder anc click permissions
- Click the Advanced button to set special permissions
- Select Users under the Name column then click edit
- Set the permissions to look like the image
- Log Back in as limited user
Limited Users can now change their power options without bothering the Administrator.